1. — May I have a word with Miss Anna?
— Sorry, she ____ to her friend on the phone.
A。 is talking B。 has talked C。 talked D。 talks
2。 When Nancy was at college, she ____ three foreign languages, but I am surprised to find that she ____ all except a few words of each。
A. spoke; had forgotten B. had spoken; had forgotten
C。 spoke; has forgotten D。 had spoken; has forgotten
3. By the end of next July this building ____.
A. will be completed B. will have completed
C。 will have been completed D。 has been completed
4. — Hurry, Mary! You ____ on the phone.
— Oh, I ____. Thank you, Mom.
A。 have wanted; have come
B。 will be wanted; will come
C. are being wanted; come
D. are wanted; am coming
5. Because farml____ quickly, the government are considering starting a program to solve the problem.
A. is being lost B. is lost C. is losing D. loses
6. — What were you doing when I phoned you yesterday evening?
— I ____ just finished my homework I ____ to watch TV.
A。 have; am going B。 have; was going
C。 had; was going D。 had; am going
7. We ____ dinner at seven o’clock when CCTV ____ to broadcast news.
A. are having; will start B. will be having; starts
C。 have; will start D。 will have had; starts
8. — Where are Jack Mike?
— They ____ the furniture you asked for into the house.
A. have been carrying B. carried
C. have been carried D. were carried
9. Professor Haley told me that he ____ by many of his students at the railway station.
A. had been seen off B. have been seen off
C. had seen off D. have seen off
10。 As we stood on the top of the hill, we could see the beautiful scene that ____ before us。
A。 had spread B。 has spread C。 spread D。 spreads
11. An order has come that the police should find out where the thief ____ .
A. hides B. was hiding C. hiding D. is hidden
12. — You must be surprised excited to see the film star here.
— You’re right. ____.
A. I don’t expect to see her here
B. I didn’t expect to see her here
C。 I am expecting to see her here
D. I expected to see her here
13. Mr. Ham felt that he himself, rather than Alice Lisa, ____ for the coldness that had grown between them.
A. were to blame B. was to be blamed
C. were to be blamed D. was to blame
14。 — What else did you do this morning besides doing the shopping?
— Two hours ____ washing the windows floor。
A. were taken B. was spent
C. has taken D. will be spent
15. I’m glad you’ve come, Miss Rose; I ____ you, but you’ve saved me the trouble now.
A. am going to call B. was about to call
C. had called D. am to call